We attended Toy Fair in NYC this February, and boy did we have a blast! Not only is it fun because we’re surrounded by innovative and trending toys, but it’s our favorite show because it reminds us why we do what we do; to get products in the marketplace that bring joy to kids of all ages.
Key Trends from Toy Fair
- The home arcade experience, including such lines at Arcade1 Up and Super Impulse’s Tiny Arcade.
- Super Impulse has a complementary line that will feature Whack-A-Mole and Skee-Ball
- Buffalo Games’ Skee-Ball at Target
Monsters & Horror
- Mezco – King Kong, the monstrous anthropoid that ruled Skull Island and terrorized New York in 1932. The King Kong of Skull Island figure stands approximately 7” tall, is designed with over 25 points of articulation, and includes interchangeable hands and head portraits.
- Boom Comics – An original prequel story that takes place before the events of the 1933 film. ‘ Two fractured and warring gorilla tribes are forced to band together to battle the horrors of Skull Island! ‘ From All-New Inhumans writer James Asmus and Planet of the Apes artist Carlos Magno.
- Numerous types of plush hybrids were trending! From TeeTurtle and more, plus a wide variety of animal and food hybrids.
- Opportunity with Tasty Peach, currently selling in HotTopic, BoxLunch, and ThinkGeek